Making People Happy
Get the best truck insurance policy for you possible in a fast and easy way. From vans to HGV’s.Ian B
Finding competitive quotes for your truck insurance just got a whole lot easier!Ian B
OF PEOPLE COULD REDUCE THEIR PREMIUMS WITH MULTIQUOTETRUCK.CO.UK
OF PEOPLE WOULD RECOMMEND MULTIQUOTETRUCK.CO.UK
PLUS INSURANCE PROVIDERS THROUGH MULTIQUOTETRUCK.CO.UK
A Guide to Lorry Insurance
Truck drivers have a lot of responsibility. They’re often transporting goods on a strict schedule while having to maneuver a large vehicle that’s much more challenging to drive than a car. Because of this, getting a good truck insurance policy is absolutely vital.
Cheap truck insurance is available for both individuals and truck firm owners. Truck insurance can include cover for all the risks you face on the road as well as things like liability claims and breakdowns. If you want to get quotes immediately then simply click the red button. If you’d like to find out more about the types of cover available as well as ways to save money then keep reading..
Types of cover
- Third party - Third party insurance is a requirement for being able to drive a truck legally so this is the minimum level of truck insurance that you can get, as well as the cheapest. Third party insurance will cover other road users in the event that you’re involved in a collision where you are to blame. You can add other cover options to a third party policy to provide added protection. For example you can also include theft and fire damage to a third party policy.
- Comprehensive - Comprehensive insurance will provide cover for your own vehicle(s) all types of accidents, even those that you or your drivers are liable for. It does cost more than third party insurance but it means you can operate your business with full peace of mind.
- Fleet insurance - If you own a truck firm and have a fleet of trucks that need to be insured then getting a fleet insurance policy is by far the best idea. Fleet insurance can be used to insure as many trucks as you need. Not only this, but you can insure different types of vehicles together under one easy-to-manage policy. Fleet insurance not only makes it easier to manage paperwork but it usually ends up being much cheaper than insuring trucks individually.
- Goods in transit - If your company transports goods then you don’t only need to insure your vehicles but also the contents too. Goods in transit insurance will protect any goods that you transport for theft, damage and spoiling. High value and hazardous goods can also be covered. If one of your drivers were involved in a collision, then it’s very possible that the goods they were transporting would be badly damaged. This is just one scenario where goods in transit insurance is required.
- Public liability - Liability claims from members of the public are always a risk for truck firms. This being the case, you certainly want to have liability cover included in your policy. The standard amount of cover that most insurers provide is $30 million. This is usually enough for most companies but you can increase it as much as you need if necessary.
- Legal expenses - If you had to fight a liability claim in court then you want to know you’ll have good legal representation. Because of this, it’s very useful to have legal expenses included as part of your policy.
- Loss of licence - If you’re an owner driver then loss of licence is a very useful type of cover to get. If you were to lose your licence for a period of time then it would ensure that you still received an income until you were able to return to work.
- Breakdown assistance - Having breakdown assistance included in your policy is also possible. It often works out cheaper than getting it from a third party, which is a big bonus.
What types of vehicles can be insured?
There are many different types of trucks that can be covered with a truck insurance policy. There include flat bed trucks, tipper trucks, refrigerated trucks, recovery trucks as well as vans.
Different types of trucks come with different risks and therefore need a unique policy. For example, refrigerated trucks much have their goods covered for spoiling in the event of the refrigeration failing. Getting quotes from specialist providers enables you to get the right type of cover for any truck.
The benefits of getting cheap truck insurance quotes online
- You can save a lot of time and money
- You can get quotes for any type of truck and cover 1 vehicle or an entire fleet
- Quotes are provided by truck insurance specialists
- The claims process is quick and simple
- Expert advice is available
- Instant documentation is provided
Ways to save money
Below are some of the best ways to save money on truck insurance –
- Be selective with drivers - The type of drivers you employ can make a big difference to the cost of your insurance. This is why it’s always better to hire drivers who have a clean driving licence and a good amount of experience driving trucks.
- Make trucks secure - You should always take any precautions you can to make your trucks secure. Trucks are not only targeted by thieves because of their value but their contents are often targeted too.
- Get a fleet policy - Fleet insurance is definitely the best way to go when you have multiple trucks to insure. Fleet policies can be tailored to your exact needs and are a great way to save time and money when insuring multiple trucks.
- Pay upfront - If you can pay for your policy annually rather than monthly then you’re in an excellent position to negotiate a significant discount with your insurance provider. A heavier initial investment is required but it will help save your business money over a longer period of time.
- Get multiple quotes - Getting quotes from different insurance providers is one of the easiest ways to save money on truck insurance since it will make it clear which insurers are offering you a good deal.
Get quotes now
If you want to get truck insurance quotes in the easiest way possible then you’re in the right place. Just click on the red button below and you can have your quotes in just minutes!